The NSW Health Good Health – Great Jobs: Aboriginal Workforce Strategic Framework 2016 – 2020 (the Framework) is intended to support Local Health Districts, Specialty Health Networks and other NSW Health organisations to grow and to develop their Aboriginal workforce. Building on the previous Framework (2011-2015), it sets out the Aboriginal workforce development priorities and desired outcomes for NSW Health for the period 2016 - 2020 and the key actions that need to be taken to achieve these priorities and outcomes.
The Framework is structured around six key priorities areas:
1. Lead and Plan Aboriginal Workforce Development
2. Build Cultural Understanding and Respect
3. Attract, Recruit and Retain Aboriginal staff
4. Develop the capabilities of Aboriginal staff
5. Work with others to achieve workforce priorities
6. Track our achievements and improve results.