Family violence prevention programs in Indigenous communities
|Professor Tom Calma at the #JustJustice launch|
About the #JustJustice Book with further links
Download available from this page
Aboriginal workforce strategic framework: taking the next STEP UP in growing a strong and culturally supported Aboriginal workforce 2016-2020
The Framework is structured around six key priorities areas:
1. Lead and Plan Aboriginal Workforce Development
2. Build Cultural Understanding and Respect
3. Attract, Recruit and Retain Aboriginal staff
4. Develop the capabilities of Aboriginal staff
5. Work with others to achieve workforce priorities
6. Track our achievements and improve results.
Physical health and mental wellbeing: evidence guide
Women reported five main health concerns.These health concerns included weight management, female-specific cancers, mental and emotional health, menopause and chronic pain. Women that responded to the survey appear to be in good health and are mostly invested in doing the right thing for their health. Over half of all women reported that they are most likely to compare their body to family and friends as opposed to comparing their bodies to models, athletes, media figures and actors. On average women visited the doctor 3-5 times per year, with only a small number of women not visiting the doctor at all in the last 12 months.