Australia's hospitals 2014-15 at a glance
* Australia's hospitals 2014-15 at a glance provides summary information on Australia's public and private hospitals.
* In 2014-15, there were 10.2 million hospitalisations, including 2.5 million involving surgery.
* Public hospitals provided care for 7.4 million presentations to emergency departments, with 74% of patients seen within recommended times for their triage category and about 73% completed within 4 hours.
* This publication is a companion to the 2014-15 Australian hospital statistics suite of publications.
Hospital resources 2014-15: Australian hospital statistics
* Hospital resources 2014-15: Australian hospital statistics presents a detailed overview of public and private hospital resources in Australia.
* In 2014-15, there were: 698 public hospitals; with over 60,300 beds, and accounting for more than $57 billion of recurrent expenditure (including depreciation); 624 private hospitals: with almost 3,000 beds, and accounting for more than $12 billion of expenditure.
Non-admitted patient care 2014-15: Australian hospital statistics
* In 2014-15, about 34.9 million non-admitted patient service events were provided by Australia's public hospitals.
* About 46% of non-admitted patient service events occurred in Allied health and/or clinical nurse specialist clinics, 30% were in Medical consultation clinics, 13% in Procedural clinics and 10% in stand-alone diagnostic clinics.