This 5th edition of Staying Healthy : Preventing infectious diseases in early childhood education and care services by the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) represents an increased focus on a risk-management approach to infection prevention and control principles in daily care activities. Staying Healthy provides educators and other staff working in education and care services with simple and effective methods for minimising the spread of disease. It contains more "how to" advice on procedures and discussing exclusion periods with parents. The advice is presented in 6 colour-coded parts:
* concepts of infection control
* monitoring illness in children
* issues for employers, educators and other staff
* fact sheets on diseases common to education and care services
* forms, useful contacts and websites.