Subscribe to posts

Wednesday, 17 April 2013

The desire to age in place among older Australians - volume 1 - reasons for staying or moving (AIHW)

Over 90% of older Australians intend to stay in their current accommodation rather than move to aged care or move at all, and this intent is strongest among older people who own their own homes, according to a report released by the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW).

Many older Australians report a desire to age in place. The report, The desire to age in place among older Australians, examines the housing circumstances of older Australians by different tenure type (home owners, mortgagees and renters) and the desire to age there.

Media release

2 comments:

Will said...

I know staying at home would be my personal preference when I reach an age when it becomes an issue. Both my grandmothers have managed to stay in their own homes largely unassisted despite being well into their 80s now. Hopefully I also have that option when I reach their age.

Stan Manning said...

I know staying at home would be my personal preference.The blog is informative as well as subjective.In order to get Quality
Care for Older Australians
get in touch with the Aged Care Consultants NSW