The 6th Australian Rural & Remote Mental Health Symposium will be held in Albury on 12-14 November, 2014. The conference themes are :
- What is the lived experience of the practitioner in a rural or remote setting?
- How can the voice of these practitioners be heard when decisions are made?
- Can we ensure that rural and remote practice is considered in the distribution of resources?
- In what ways can a practitioner be an effective voice for consumers located in rural and remote settings?
- What are the barriers and enablers in attaining training for continued professional development points in rural and remote Australia?
- Rural practitioners experience of the new graduate. Work ready or not?
The symposium will include keynote speakers, concurrent sessions and workshops that develop skills related specifically to the mental health needs of our rural and remote communities, and ways to effectively prepare mental and other health professionals to meet future challenges.
For further details http://anzmh.asn.au/rrmh/ visit the Symposium website